˹ | | | | | | Ѵ >>
   
  Chao Sam Phraya National Museum
          Located at Pratoochai Sub ? district near former Ayutthaya City Hall,across
from Rajabhat Institute of Ayutthaya, built in 1959 with the money earned from
the Buddha tablets, found in Wat Rachaburana crypt. This temple was constructed
in the reign of Somdet Phra Borom Rachathirat II (Chao Samphraya),so the
museum is called Chao Sam Phraya. Their Majesties the King and Queen presided
over the opening ceremony in 1961. It is the first museum displayed in modern style
in Thailand; the objects shown are uncrowned with color and light in the exhibition
and use the principle of light to present. The architecture is of modern Thai style
  house which houses many interesting objects such as the sitting Buddha image of
  Tawaravadi period that used to be at the ancient stupa of Wat Phra Men in
  Nakhon Pathom Province. The Department of Fine Arts had been searching for
  different parts of the image scattering in different places and which were put
  together to become a invaluable image. The museum is open daily, except
  Mondays, Tuesdays,  and national holidays, from 09.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.
  Wang Chankasem or the Front Palace ( Wang Na)
           Located on the bank of the Pa Sak River near Hua Raw Market, it was
built in 1569 when King Naresuan the Great was the Crown Prince who ruled
Pitsanulok. It used to be the Crown Princes and some Kings residence. When
Ayutthaya was destroyed in 1767, this palace was seriously burnt and deserted
until the reign of King Rama IV of Ratanakosin period. The king commanded to
restore Phimanrattaya Pavilion and Plab Pla Chaturamuk for his residence during
his occasional visits to Ayutthaya. Then King Rama VII had it become the provincial
City Hall until the new city hall has been built. Wang Chankasem now becomes
the national museum. The museum is open to the public on Wednesdays through
Sundays from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Ancient monuments
  Wall and door of the Royal Palace were constructed during the reign of
  King Rama IV. The original supposed to have wider area than the present one
  because after the excavation was found the base of the hall outside the wall
  and brick remains were also found in many prisons.
  Chaturamok Pavillion  is a wooden pavilion located at the sala near the east
  door. It was originally the residence of King Rama IV when he visited Ayutthaya.
  At present, it exhibits old chinaware, ancient weapons and royal treasure of
  King Rama IV.
  Phiman Rataya Hall is a group building in the middle of the Palace. It used to
  house the administrative officers of the locality for many years. At present,it is
  the place that exhibits Bhudda images, idols, votive tablets, and furnitures of the
  Ayutthaya period.
  Phisai Sanyalak Hall ( Ho Song Klong) is a four-story high tower  located on the
  western side of the Palace. Constructed during the reign of King Narai, the hall was
  demolished during the second attack of Ayutthaya. It was reconstructed exactly
  similar to the original hall during the rule of King Rama IV who used the tower
  to observe the stars. 
  Ayutthaya Historical Study Center
       This main building is on Rochana Road the Rajabhat Institute of Ayutthaya and
its sub-centre is at Kho rian which used to be the Japanese Village. This center is a
National Research Institute devoted to the study of Ayutthaya, especially the
period when it was the capital of Thailand. The Centre is responsible for the Museum
of the History of Ayutthaya, which exhibits reconstructions from the past,based on
research and using modern method of museum management and exhibition.In
addition, the Centre provides information services and has a library containing
historical materials about Ayutthaya. The Centre opens daily except Monday
and Tuesday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m and from 9.00 am to 5 pm on holidays.
  Wat Niwet Thammaprawat
       The location of this monastery is the central island of Chao Phraya River,
opposite the Palace. This ordination hall was designed as a Christian church of
Gothic art often found in Europe. The inner decoration was the western style.
The principal Buddha image, Phra Buddha Naruemon Dharmopath,and his disciples
foundation distinguished from other monasteries was made as the cross foundation
in the church. The windows were in arched shape.The most beautiful royal portrait
of King Rama V made from color glasses can be seen in front of The Buddha image
wall. On the right side of the ordination hall is Gandharat Buddha image's shrine
of more than 1000 year old. It is located near a big Po tree which branches out in
  front of the ordination hall. Next to it is the first public school in Thailand which
  has close connection with Somdej Krom Phraya Dhammrong Rachanupab who is
  regarded as the Father of the Thai History. He was ordained here and his place of
  residence in the monastery which is also known as "Thamnak Somdej" can still
  be seen. During his monkhood, he composed a lesson book and started teaching
  children around that area for the first time. At present there are big and small Sila
  bricks around the ordination hall and also a pagoda or Chedi that contains the relic
  of Chao Jom Manda Chum, mother of Somdej Krom Phraya Dhamrong Rachanupab
  and concubine of King Rama IV.
   
  Bang Sai Royal Folk Arts and Crafts Centre
              Located in the area which is part of the Agricultural Land Reform for the
agriculture in Changyai and Potaeng Sub districts and covers an area of nearly
1,000 rai. The purpose is to train local farmers traditional arts and crafts.Their
training courses are about carving, bamboo basketry, miniature dolls, artificia
flowers, furniture making, weaving, dyeing, and cloth. All the products are sold
at the Central ?Bang Sai?.  In order to get to Bang Sai, one can take a cruiser and
get off at its pier or drive a car by taking Bang Sai - Sam Khok Road,which branches
off about 24  kilometers from BangPa-In intersection.The Bang Sai Royal Folk Arts
  and Crafts Centre is open everyday including holidays while Wang Pla is closed
  on Monday and Tuesday.